I made a bunch of recipes this summer, and I never got around to posting all of them. Today I broke my phone, and I was cut off from the outside world (The sob story of a 19-year-old). I ended up eating a bowl of corn for dinner and watching Wheel of Fortune in footie pajamas. Now I’m finally getting around to posting this recipe for a delicious fresh peach cake. It is the perfect time of year for juicy ripe peaches.
Serves 8 (or more)/Ina Garten’s, How Easy Is That
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Spread half of the batter evenly in the pan. Top with half of the peaches, then sprinkle with two-thirds of the sugar mixture. Spread the remaining batter on top, arrange the remaining peaches on top, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture and the pecans.