My roommate and I are so busy that we have to plan a night every week to make dinner and sit down together. Often I find myself eating in front of the tv or in bed, yikes. This week, we decided to take my new food processor for a “test run” and make my favorite caesar dressing.
Don’t be intimidated by the anchovies. They look and smell suspiciously gross, but they taste delicious in the dressing. I wish I knew where this recipe came from so I could write an attribution, but it came from a random typed page that I found in my enormous stack of recipes.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more for the salad if you really enjoy pepper like I do
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces (1 cup) parmesan cheese, grated
- Croutons, optional